Stainless Steel Grit
Transmet Corporation High Chromium Alloyed Non-Rusting Stainless Steel Grit is the alternative to Aluminum Oxide, Glass Bead, Silicon Carbide, Copper Slag, Garnet, and others.
Stainless Steel Grit utilizes its angular shape, high hardness, and high bulk density to deliver more energy to the parts being cleaned. Resulting surface profile is consistent, bright, and without ferrous contamination.
Applications for Stainless Steel Grit
- Surface finishing of non-ferrous components
- Surface preparation prior to paint or coating
- Removal of ceramic from investment castings
- Descaling of non-ferrous heat treat parts
- Cleaning and debluing of welded joints
- Etching of plastic components prior to bonding
- Anchor profiling for paint and powder coat adhesion
Stainless Steel Grit Vs Other Media
Stainless Steel Grit is proven to be more durable and resistant to fracture than other abrasive. This durability advantage will be reflected in the overall cost of the shot blasting process.
- 30:1 vs Aluminum Oxide
- 50:1 vs Glass Bead
- 60:1 vs Garnet
- 1:1 vs Aluminum Oxide
- 2:1 vs Glass Bead
- 1:1 vs Garnet
Improved Operator Visibility During Blasting
The improvements in durability and resistance to fracture make Stainless Steel Grit a more operator-friendly media to blast with. The picture below compares the operator’s view after just 40 seconds of blasting with Aluminum Oxide to 4 minutes of blasting with Stainless Steel Grit.
|Hardness||Standard Package Size
Standard packaging for SSG products is 55 lb. bags.Contact Us