“We obsess about shot so you don’t have to!”
WHITE PAPER REPORT
CYLINDER BLASTING MEDIA THAT WON’T DAMAGE EQUIPMENT
Blasting equipment damage from using steel media in the cylinder blasting process has always been “a necessary evil.” Or so it seems. Simply put, it’s caused by the relatively high bulk density of the steel media impacting the various parts of the blasting machinery. The results are substantially increased costs in the cylinder blasting process. These include:
- Cost to replace broken equipment parts
- Cost of downtime required to replace broken equipment
- Cost to do additional equipment maintenance
- Cost of downtime required to do additional equipment maintenance
- Cost to re-adjust blast wheels to ensure consistent blasting
- Cost of rejects due to mis-aimed blast wheels due to excessive wear
- Cost to replace or scrap cylinders damaged in the blasting process
- Cost to replace blasting equipment sooner than expected lifespan
Any way one evaluates blasting process damage done by steel media…it is a serious issue to be addressed.
A small but leading-edge business in Columbus, Ohio, USA, has developed a solution to this issue. Founded in 1970, the Transmet Corporation manufactures a Cast Zinc Blasting Shot alternative (called ZA4) that is revolutionizing the blasting industry.
When compared to steel blasting media, the substantial difference in ZA4’s durability (ZA4 Cast Zinc Shot lasts 3-5 times as long as steel) and similar bulk density (blasting energy)…without damaging the equipment or substrate(because zinc is a softer and more ductile metal) make it a considerably more desirable alternative for removing paint from cylinders. Note also that ZA4 Cast Zinc Shot inhibits rust, generates 80% less dust (and its dust is recyclable) and does not cause delamination.
Steel Blasting Durability: ῀1500-6000 Impacts before breakdown
Media Bulk Density: ῀280lbs/ft3
Stainless Durability: ῀1500-9000 Impacts before breakdown
Media Bulk Density: ῀280lbs/ft3
ZA4 Cast Durability: ῀14,000 Impacts before breakdown
Zinc Shot Bulk Density: ῀240lbs/ft3
If you’re tired of watching steel media tear apart your cylinder blasting equipment and would like to see it stop…and you’d like to see how a few of your pieces look after being blasted with ZA4 Cast Zinc Shot, we’ll be glad to do a FREE Trial Blast on a couple cylinder caps for you! Just print, fill in & return the Free Trial Blasting Offer page below(scroll down) with your caps.
4290 Perimeter Dr. Columbus, OH 43228 614-276-5522 www.transmet.com
Transmet FREE Trial Blasting Offer
To SEE how Transmet Special Blasting Media will work on your pieces, here’s all you need to do…easy as 1-2-3!
- Get 3-5 raw, unfinished parts (for us to work on) AND 1 finished (blasted) part that meets your requirements (so we can see exactly what you’re looking for.)
- Print a copy of this form and fill in the blanks.
- Enclose the completed form along with your parts and your business card stapled as shown…and send to:
Attn: R. Kaynes
4290 Perimeter Dr.
Columbus, OH 43218
I’ll let you know I’ve received your parts and when to expect them back. SIMPLE!
Once you receive them, you can judge for yourself as to how Transmet Special Blasting Media met your requirements. Then you’ll be ready to start eliminating the headaches from your blasting process (and start saving $$’s to boot)!